Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Psalm 121:2 (swimming against the tide)


Welcome God today with this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (archive). Prove yourselves doers of the Word, and not merely hearers. James 1:22

My help is from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:2 (full readings)

Living Faith snippets: "Do modern gadgets and electronics make your life easier? I'm convinced they do for me. As a writer, I have never wished for one second to be back in the days in which one edit to a passage meant having to retype at least one page. In some ways this world of constant, instant information might be hurting as I am willingly drawn into a world of "quick" rather than "contemplative." I can't fool myself into thinking that anything, or anyone, but God can really help me be the person I am called deep within to be." by Amy Welborn

Pat nuggets: On My Father's Side.

Faith Challenge: Generously encourage others by forwarding devotions or using the Facebook "invite people" link.
* NEW: Contemplate the goodness of God...and let Him inspire you to act on three simple ways to serve (love) others today. When you go to bed tonight, contemplate how those three simple acts of love blessed others.

* Reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death (23% of pregnancies). Expose this unjust peace, setting unborn/parents free.

Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together, and close to God (footnotes). Prayer to end abortion, Peters family (JP).

Faith Quote: "Today, those who can live the Gospel consistently are swimming against the tide. This is the heroism of daily life, of living holiness at every instant and in every situation." by John Paul II

In Christ, Pat
Phil 4:13

No comments: