Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 Cor 9:6,8 (Ran across America) by Jeff Grabosky

Welcome God today with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB).

"Consider this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Moreover, God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, you may have an abundance for every good work." 2 Cor 9:6,8 (full readings)

Jeff's Reflections: How many times in my life have I passed on the opportunity to help someone because I felt I did not have the time, ability, money, or the right words to say? The reality is that God has given us all blessings to help and assist those around us. How foolish and selfish would it be to hold those blessings for ourselves when Paul tells us that God is able to make every grace abundant for us? I certainly have work to do in this area, but this was at the center of my undertaking to run 3,700 miles from coast to coast across America (Jan to May 2011). God gave me the ability to run...and I wanted to use it for God's glory and His good work...much like the LIFE Runners! As such, my mission was to encourage prayer as a I ran across America pushing a baby jogger filled with my supplies. I received prayer requests from around the world and prayed a decade of the rosary for each intention. I offered up my suffering and challenges for the prayer intentions and also for the unborn. I never doubted God would provide for me the entire way - and did He ever. I experienced some tough situations: sand storm, mountain lion, injuries, broken baby jogger wheel, lodging, etc. Every time, God carried me through. My set backs were opportunities to witness, share my mission, and pray for others. I gave a lot...but received much more.
*Jeff Grabosky managed a specialty running store in the DC area before undertaking his 3,700 mile prayer-filled run across America, which he completed on 20 May 2011. He is working on a book about his faith journey (www.jeffrunsamerica.com).

Faith Challenge: What blessings has God given you? Think of a way in which you can use one of those blessings to be an instrument of God's peace for someone today.

Counter-Culture News: LifeNews, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action.
* Catholic Runner Prays Across U.S.

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.

Feast Day: St. Germaine of Pibrac

Faith Quote: "It is not the actual physical exertion that counts toward a man's progress, nor the nature of the task, but the spirit of faith with which it is undertaken." ~ St. Francis Xavier

Through Christ our Lord,
Jeff
1 Cor 9:24

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

Comments? To subscribe/unsubscribe to the emails, go to LIFE Group Devotions or LIFE Runners Updates.

No comments: