Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2 Tim 4:17 (3 days!) by Alexandra Szameit

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB).

"The Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the proclamation might be completed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was rescued from the lion’s mouth." 2 Tim 4:17 (full readings)

Alexandra's Reflections: On April 11th, "the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the proclamation" of Life was shared with 700 people at the Sioux Falls Alpha Center Banquet...in support of South Dakota HB 1217 that will require a 3 day waiting period and a visit to a pregnancy help center before an abortion. I was coerced into aborting my first child. When I was pregnant with my second child (Rosi), I was homeless and unemployed, and some told me that I had no business having a baby. Through God's grace I went against their advice and visited the Alpha Center for help. The Alpha Center had enough time to share the truth, which rescued me and my daughter Rosi "from the lion's mouth" (abortion). I gave the Alpha Center an Easter card that really spoke to the heart of the matter. On the front were three little cartoons - one says Friday with 2 little sheep looking at a cross, one says Saturday with the closed tomb, the last one says Sunday with the open tomb and a little sheep jumping for joy. Inside the card says, "What a difference 3 days made... (2 cartoon sheep jumping for joy) ...for us!" I was instantly covered in goosebumps and the tears started flowing...this was a "God sighting." What a difference 3 days made...for our eternal life. What a difference 3 days will make (HB 1217)...for many unborn babies and their families. For me, the picture of the two sheep rejoicing is a mother and her child, reflecting my indescribable happiness for the blessing of my daughter Rosi. Three days! Statement Regarding Hearing for SD HB 1217 (please pray).
* Alexandra Szameit lives in Sioux Falls, SD with her daughter Rosi. She is a foreign language interpreter/translator for prisons and courts.

Faith Challenge: Wait upon the Lord...

Counter-Culture News: LifeNews, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action
* The Good News at Notre Dame: about Vita Institute attended by Pat Castle (12-25 Jun).

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now. >

Feast Day: St. Peter and St. Paul.

Faith Quote: "Freedom attains its full development only by accepting the truth. In a world without truth, freedom loses its foundation and the human person is exposed to the violence of passion and to manipulation, both open and hidden." ~ John Paul II

Through Christ Our Lord,
Alexandra
Matt 17:20

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

Comments? To subscribe/unsubscribe to the emails, go to LIFE Group Devotions or LIFE Runners Updates.

No comments: