Friday, June 24, 2011

Isaiah 49:5 (Glorious!) by Grant Croft

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB).

"For now the LORD has spoken who formed me as his servant from the womb...I am made glorious in the sight of the Lord..." Isaiah 49:5 (full readings)

Grant's Reflections: Looking back on my walk with the Lord, my idea of being the 'meek and humble' Christian often meant being silent and not drawing attention to myself. While in priestly formation in the seminary, I would often spend hours in prayer. Looking back I realize now I could have proclaimed the Gospel in a much more vocal, physical way. Though these virtues of prayer and silence are good in their own rite, the Lord Jesus also wants us to be like the light on top of the hill! Jesus is calling us to be great; as the Word says, "It is too little...for you to be my servant...I will make you a light to the nations...to the ends of the earth. (Isaiah 49:6)" Perhaps others will see this light in you like they did in St John the Baptist when he declared, "I am not he. Behold...I am not worthy to unfasten the sandals of his feet (John 1:27)." May the Lord look upon you and say, "I have found YOU...after my own heart; YOU will carry out my every wish."
* Grant Croft was raised in Sioux Falls, SD. He pursued the priesthood until 2000. Grant served two tours in Iraq. Him and his wife Julie have two children and will soon be stationed at Ft Riley, KS.


Faith Challenge: Today as we celebrate the Solemnity of the Nativity of St John the Baptist, remember how great the Lord has made you up to this point - the Lord wants you to be greater!

Sr. Francelle's Devotion: Mornings With God "I want to spend this last period of my life in the heart of Jesus. Even if I spend the entire morning hour fighting off distractions, God will be pleased with the time spent with Him."

Counter-Culture News: LifeNews, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now. >

Feast Day: Solemnity of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist

Faith Quote: "And this is not something which was only true once, long ago in the past. It is always true, because the repentance which he preached always remains the way into the kingdom which he (John the Baptist) announced." ~ A New Catechism

Through Christ Our Lord,
Grant


* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

Comments? To subscribe/unsubscribe to the emails, go to LIFE Group Devotions or LIFE Runners Updates.

No comments: