Monday, January 16, 2012

Mark 2:22 (Shed Your Skin)


Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners(FB). Guest Authors schedule. LIFE Minute radio.

"Likewise, no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the skins are ruined. Rather, new wine is poured into fresh wineskins." ~ Mark 2:22 (full readings)

Rich's Reflections: I often reflect back on my metanoia (change of heart) that I experienced back in 2006 and the events that led to it. The main impetus was my reconciliation with God. By going to confession, I prepared myself with "fresh wineskins," allowing myself to receive the Holy Spirit. I did not merely clean out my "old wineskins" by going to confession and then returning to my old ways of life. I made a conscious decision to put aside my former way of life, and to put on a new skin (the new nature of Christ). Christianity is not a belief, but a way of life. If you are not prepared to radically change your life after confession, beware. The Holy Spirit will not only see right through you; He will "burst" right through you like new wine through old wineskins. Lord, help me shed my "old wineskins" so that I may contain the new wine of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Faith Challenge: Go to confession and receive your new skin today.

Counter-Culture News: LSN, LifeNews, Priests for Life,Vatican, Project Rachel.

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. LIFE Runners Creed. Add Prayers. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.

Feast Day: St. Fursey

Faith Quote: "Faith is confirmed by the heart, confessed by the tongue, and acted upon by the body." - unknown author

Through Christ our Lord,
Rich
James 1:22

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Mt 28:19.

No comments: