Friday, February 15, 2008

Fri, 15 Feb (Psalm 130:1)

* Welcome God every day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice! Psalm 130:1

Devotion snippets: "How many times have I cried out to God for help in times of trouble? I'm not sure I really understood the full impact of "depths" until I heard a doctor say to me: "Rare blood disease. Chemotherapy." I had two possible responses, or so it seemed at the time: "There is no God because God wouldn't allow such a thing," or "Hear my cry, God." I opted to cry out, sometimes in anger and fear, sometimes in joy and an overwhelming sense of gratitude. Either way, I came to know that God was listening. And that has made all the difference." by Steve Givens

Saints: "Why were the saints, saints? Because they were cheerful when it was difficult to be cheerful, patient when it was difficult to be patient; and because they pushed on when they wanted to stand still, and kept silent when they wanted to talk, and were agreeable when they wanted to be disagreeable. That was all. It was quite simple, and it always will be." by Miriam C. Hunter

Through Christ Our Lord,
Pat
Phil 4:13

* Daily Bible readings: www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog: Sign up at LIFE Devotions. Please fill in your profile. If inspired, add a comment and fwd it to the distro at LIFE-Group-Devotions-distro@googlegroups.com.
* LIFE Prayers blog: Sign up at LIFE Prayers. Prayer changes things, so let's pray daily. Please "post" prayer requests (update with a "comment", send to distro).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions: Let me know if you (and others) would like to be on the distro to receive her wonderful weekly faith-application devotions.
* Let's joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!

No comments: