Monday, February 18, 2008

Sat, 16 Feb (Matt 5:43-44)

* Welcome God every day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.

You have heard that it was said ... But I say to you ... Matthew 5:43-44

Devotion snippets: "And then there's Jesus, saying something unreasonable: Go beyond the requirements; go beyond the law. The requirements, the law are tough enough, it seems to me, and I haven't managed to fulfill them anyway. He wants me to be perfect? I'm certain to fail, so I might as well not bother to try. I can't be perfect. But he can do it in me, and he wants to." By Mary Marrocco

Rich's comments: I often write in the front of my Bible when I hear something very powerful that has touched my heart and I don't want to forget it. One of the messages I have written comes from one of the inpiring faith sharing sessions my men's group in Colorado Springs had one evening in Panera: "The awesome thing about the Power of God, is that if we want to do something for God, instead of focusing on our capability, concentrate on our availability for we know that it is God through us and we can't do anything without Him. Once we make ourselves available for God's work, guess whose capabilities we rely on? God's!"

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; when there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand, to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying [to ourselves] that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

Through Christ Our Lord,
Rich
Romans 12:12

* Daily Bible readings: www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog: Sign up at LIFE Devotions. Please fill in your profile. If inspired, add a comment and fwd it to the distro at LIFE-Group-Devotions-distro@googlegroups.com.
* LIFE Prayers blog: Sign up at LIFE Prayers. Prayer changes things, so let's pray daily. Please "post" prayer requests (update with a "comment", send to distro).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions: Let me know if you (and others) would like to be on the distro to receive her wonderful weekly faith-application devotions.
* Let's joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!

No comments: