Friday, June 17, 2011

2 Cor. 11:30 (In Christ)

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB).

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness." 2 Cor. 11:30 (full readings)

Steve's Reflections: Are you hidden in Christ (Col. 3:3)? I have been reflecting on this image of being hidden in Christ for some time as I am convinced that the harder we try to do God's work the more we get in the way. As Paul points out today, to boast is to be a fool. If we are to boast it should be of our weakness. During my early years as a baby Christian I especially felt the effects of "trying too hard". I would often come up with a wonderful idea (or so I thought) only to see it fall flat. A relationship that held so much promise would cool off. This discouraged me but ultimately helped me realize that I was following my own designs and not truly listening to God. I was stumbling over myself and God let me learn those tough lessons for a reason...so I may not boast of my own accord but boast In Christ of the good work he has accomplished in me. I am in Christ and for that I am a new man. This is God's victory in me! In the end, my faith has been a journey of casting off the ballast of self so that God may fill my sails and direct my paths.
* Have fun with this parody about the self, "So Long Self" by Mercy Me

Faith Challenge: Who is filling your sails? Forget yourself today and do something sacrificial for another.

Sr. Francelle's Devotion: Life Story "I long for the gift of life everlasting, but I hope to spend whatever time is left in telling others about the love of Jesus."

Counter-Culture News: LifeNews, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action &gt

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now. >

Feast Day: St. Albert Chmielowski (d. 1916)

Faith Quote: "If I have helped just one person to save their soul, my vocation is worth it." ~ Sr. Francelle Clarke (see her devotion)

Through Christ Our Lord,
Steve
Romans 12:2 .

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

Comments? To subscribe/unsubscribe to the emails, go to LIFE Group Devotions or LIFE Runners Updates.

No comments: