Friday, September 3, 2010

1 Cor 4:2 (Trustwothy?)


Welcome God today with this LIFE Group Devotion (archive, Facebook).

"Now it is of course required of stewards that they be found trustworthy" 1 Cor 4:2 (full readings)

Steve's Thoughts: Over this past year I have been contemplating an interesting thought, "Does God put His trust in us?" We often hear how we must put our trust in God which is a very important element of any relationship to grow toward deeper intimacy. I believe that God wants to lavish his many blessings on each of us. The Gospels tell us a basic truth that the reward is the same for all no matter when they come to the harvest. Am I trustworthy? Can God trust me with his many blessings? Simply put - no I have not always been trustworthy. I have not always been a good steward of the "mysteries of God".

We learned a few weeks back in the Gospel that all must have the appropriate attire for the wedding feast or we will be cast out - humility and a contrite heart. This is what God desires from each of us. To truly encounter God in my life has been a sometimes painful journey of humility and contrition as I have come to understand how frail I really am without God. This encounter with God has changed me. I am different today than I was when I first encountered Jesus as a fifteen year old kid. I was surely not trustworthy having no belief in the true presence of Jesus in the Eucharist; a belief that abortion was a necessary evil; and no desire to serve the Lord in any capacity. He took me anyway. That brief moment of grace where I saw just a glimpse of how much God loves me in spite of my frailty has fueled me to this day. Over the past 19 years God has convicted and changed my heart. He has walked along side me every step of the way gently prodding and moving my heart towards his most sacred heart. The invitation I received then is the same today. Today I have a deep love for our Lord in the Eucharist, I am actively advocating for the Unborn, and I am working for the Church. Only God can do that!

Faith Challenge: Lord, in what ways am I untrustworthy? How would you bless me if you could trust me? Where are you gently inviting me to change?

Sr. Francelle's Devotion: Hope.

Counter-Culture News: LSN, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life.

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. Peters family (JP), Rich Reich (cousin Tom cancer), Pam McGushin (Terry Reszel cancer), Hourigan Family (Dick's funeral today), Rich Reich Sr (Pat Coy heart attack), Karen Ryan Philpott (for newborn William Mucher with heart block)

Faith Quote: "God cleans His fish after He catches them." ~ unknown

Graciously & Humbly Through Christ our Lord,
Steve
Romans 12:2

No comments: