Friday, October 21, 2011

Rom 7:21 (The Battle Within)

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Guest Authors schedule. LIFE Minute radio.

"So, then, I discover the principle that when I want to do right, evil is at hand." ~ Rom 7:21 (full readings)

Rosemary's Reflections: The moment we wake up, we begin the battle with ourselves. "Do I get out of bed or just sleep in instead?" Of course the choices can be more complex than that. In his letter, St. Paul discusses the frustration of falling into sin when he wants to do what is right. It's not easy to stay on the path of righteousness when another way looks easier or better. The outcome is shrouded by the shadows of darkness and if we could have seen the repercussions caused by our actions, we probably would have stayed on the straight and narrow. Some women who consider abortion argue with themselves, saying "It's just a bunch of cells," or "I can't have a baby because of...", but later feel remorse for their choice, wishing they had been more informed about the damage caused and the other options that are available. Life is the ultimate marathon--we cannot see the finish line, but we know we have to cross it sometime, somehow. There will be times when our bodies fail us and we fall to the wayside, but the Spirit within us gives us strength to keep moving forward. We could easily choose to give up or chose to endure until the end when we can tell our Lord, "I have finished the race. I have fought the good fight. I have kept the faith." To all the the LIFE Runners who ran at KC last weekend, congrats for finishing and fighting for the unborn!

Faith Challenge: When faced with a decision, take a few moments to pray to Our Father for guidance.

Sr. Francelle's Devotion: Patience

Counter-Culture News: LSN, LifeNews, Priests for Life, Vatican, Project Rachel.

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now. >

Feast Day: St. Hilarion - He battled many temptations with prayer and prayed harder when hopelessness was creeping upon him.

Faith Quote: "Take my life. Take my mind. Take my soul. Take my will. As I am yours and I give it all to You." ~ Jeremy Camp "Take My Life" (This song came up on my playlist around mile 20 when my leg was hurting pretty bad.)

Through Christ Our Lord,
Rosemary
2 Tim 4:7
.
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

No comments: