Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rom 8:38-39 ("Slow me down, Lord!")

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB).Guest Authors schedule. LIFE Minute radio.

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Rom 8:38-39 (full readings)

Pat's Reflections: Yesterday, Pam shared the verse, "some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last." While struggling through the last few miles of the Kansas City Marathon (15 Oct), I thought about this verse. One of my routine running prayers is Lord, I will run as fast as you need me to. But will I run as slow as He needs me to? Soon after meditating on these thoughts, I came upon half marathon LIFE Runners five times over the last couple miles of the race. Each time, I called out "LIFE Runners!"...prayed with each of them...and was encouraged to press on. One of them was Lara Sabin who rode with us from St. Louis. We had never met her...and she was such a blessing...filled with great faith and contagious joy. The day after the race, Lara emailed, "I will pray for the LIFE Runners and thank God for everything that happened this weekend (in adoration tomorrow morning)!!! You finished your full marathon in 3 hours and 6 minutes, and I finished the half in 3 hours and 6 minutes. Coincidence? I think not!!!"

Faith Challenge: Slow me down, Lord (full prayer below).

Counter-Culture News: LSN, LifeNews, Priests for Life,Vatican, Project Rachel.

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.
* Just a couple weeks ago my Dad was at the KC Marathon...cheering the LIFE Runners to the finish line. My Dad was diagnosed with throat cancer this week...has surgery on Monday...please pray for him. Thank you Lord for giving us an opportunity to cheer my Dad through this.


Faith Quote: "Slow me down, Lord! Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind. Steady my harried pace with a vision of the eternal reach of time. Give me, amidst the confusions of my day, the calmness of the everlasting hills. Break the tensions of my nerves with the soothing music of the singing streams that live in my memory. Help me to know the magical power of sleep. Teach me the art of taking minute vacations, of slowing down to look at a flower; to chat with an old friend or make a new one; to pat a stray dog; to watch a spider build a web; to smile at a child; or to read a few lines from a good book. Remind me each day that the race is not always to the swift; that there is more to life than increasing its speed. Let me look upward into the branches of the towering oak and know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well. Slow me down, Lord, and inspire me to send my roots deep into the soil of life's enduring values that I may grow toward the stars of my greater destiny." ~ Wilfred Peterson

Through Christ our Lord,
Pat
Phil 4:13

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

No comments: