Wednesday, November 16, 2011

2 Mc 7:22 ("breath and life") by Lori Libby

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Upcoming Guest Authors.

"it was not I who gave you breath and life, nor was it I who arranged the elements you are made of." 2 Mc 7:22 (full readings)

Lori's Reflections: As I was reflecting on this verse, I thought about all the times that I looked at my children as they accomplished things, and my chest puffed out thinking, “that is my child, what a wonderful thing they did.” I likewise remember when my child has done something that embarrassed me. Instead my eyes were lowered, and I was thinking, “My child did what! What did I do wrong.” In both cases, I was not thinking about the scripture reading today. God has blessed Bob and I with 5 wonderful children. But they are not really ours. They belong to God. We have been entrusted to teach them about God, to give them a good example, but they are God’s. He gets the credit. My children learn and grow from their mistakes. This is a message for all those men and women who have children. They are entrusted helpers of God. May all of us protect our children in our homes and in the womb. He has great things planned for them.
* Lori Libby is an emergency department nurse in Belleville, IL. Lori is a kidney donor and helps lead the local Engaged Encounter retreat team.

Faith Challenge: Hug your child today, letting them know they are a gift from God. Pray with them and for them.

Counter-Culture News: LSN, LifeNews, Priests for Life, AFA, Vatican, Project Rachel.

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. LIFE Runners Creed & Patron Saint. Add Prayers. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.

Feast Day: St. Margaret of Scotland.

Faith Quote: "Since we have received this life freely, we must in turn offer it freely to our brothers and sisters." ~ Blessed John Paul II

Through Christ Our Lord,

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies).Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

No comments: