Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gen 42:22 (walk in the Light!) by Melody Stefanson

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB).

Reuben replied “Didn’t I tell you not to sin against the boy? But you wouldn’t listen. Now we must give an accounting for his blood.” Genesis 42:22 (full readings)

Melody's Reflections: This passage stood out to me because God demands that we must give an accounting for shedding innocent blood. Shedding of innocent blood has brought His Judgement upon entire nations. I always felt guilt and shame for aborting my children, and acted accordingly. It’s not natural for a mother to kill her children. Regret was always there, and I would try to lubricate my feelings with drugs or alcohol. Joseph’s brothers killed a baby goat and dipped the tunic in the blood to cover their sins. When I was living a life of promiscuity, I tried to cover my sins through abortion. When women abort a baby, they shed innocent blood to hide their deeds. Society has killed innocent people in an attempt to hide their own guilt. Sinners killed Jesus...and today Women and Men destroy their own innocent children! My life has been deeply traumatized due to the emotional pain of abortion...for the choice not given to my unborn children. What I was told would be a safe procedure and a path to freedom became bondage and captivity to alcohol, drugs and mental anguish. I am so grateful that God will forgive a sinner like me. I found Jesus who shed his innocent blood to cover my sins. He changed my life, restored my soul and mended my broken heart. He set me free and brought me from the darkness and into the light, a gift of salvation (1 John 1:7). His blood cleanses us from ALL sin as we humble ourselves and pray. I thank God that I can be forgiven from having used this violent form of Birth Control. Now I am a new creation, set free to be a voice for my unborn children. Today I am Silent No More!
* Melody Stefanson is on the Board and Saskatchewan representative for Canada Silent No More. Biography.

Faith Challenge: Pray that God’s grace will open/heal the hearts of those who have shed innocent blood...for regret, repentance and forgiveness...and mercy for us all.


Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.

Feast Day: St. Maria Goretti. Pope Pius XII declared Maria a saint on July 25, 1950...and called her "a martyr of holy purity." Let's ask St. Maria Goretti to join us in healing prayers for women who are suffering from the abuse of abortion.

Faith Quote: "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." ~ Deut 30:19

Through Christ Our Lord,
Melody
Deut 30:19

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

Comments? To subscribe/unsubscribe to the emails, go to LIFE Group Devotions or LIFE Runners Updates.

No comments: