Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Matt 11:20 (mighty deeds!)


Welcome God today with this LIFE Group Devotion (archive, Facebook).

Jesus began to reproach the towns where most of his mighty deeds had been done, since they had not repented. Matt 11:20 (full readings)

Pat's nuggets:
* Regarding today's verse, reproach means to "address someone in such a way as to express disapproval or disappointment." What would Christ have to say about our towns with abortion mills? Chad Livingston shared: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is now." I see this as, "Repent, turn around, stop sinning, start doing good, put yourself under the reign of the King because He is here now."
* Aaron Ferrie shared The Knots Prayer, "Dear God: Please untie the knots that are in my mind, my heart, my life. Remove the have nots, the can nots, and the do nots that I have in my mind. Erase all the will nots, might nots that may find a home in my heart. Release me from the could nots, would nots that obstruct my life. And most of all Dear God; I ask that you remove from my mind, my heart and my life all the “am nots” that I have allowed to hold me back, especially the thought, that I am not good enough."
* Today's devotion picture was taken in a rural cemetery in southeastern MN. On the headstone: "Prayer for the Unborn. Lord, you are father to all whom you have made. With fatherly love, protect your unborn children who are threatened by abortion. Pour your grace into their mother's hearts so that these, your children, may be born and grow to mature in your love. Amen." Knights of Columbus Council #4514
* Feel like praising God with song and dance?! Check out this Newsboys music video: I Am Free.

Faith Challenge: Acknowledge Christ's mighty deeds and align yourself with the reality of the Gospel!

Counter-Culture News: LSN, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life.

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. Peters family (JP).
* Pat Castle (Dr. Don Bird recovering from heart attack), Sue Peters (special intention), Carolyn McKissack (special intention)

Feast Day of St. Henry: "He is the patron saint of the childless, of the handicapped and those rejected by Religious Order."

Faith Quotes: shared by Bobby Aborn (Steubenville Franciscan University Youth Outreach)
* "I'd become a Christian if I'd ever met a real one." Gandhi
* "It's easy to do what Jesus would do when your not where Jesus would be." Jerry Globel

Through Christ Our Lord,
Pat

No comments: