Thursday, July 15, 2010

Matthew 11:29 (learn from Me)


Welcome God today with this LIFE Group Devotion (archive, Facebook).

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. Matthew 11:29 (full readings)

Rich's thoughts: In 2007, I sponsored my friend Justin in RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults; process through which interested adults are introduced to the Roman Catholic faith). At my parish, each RCIA sponsor was responsible for presenting a Bible to their candidate with a specific verse highlighted. After prayerful reflection, I chose Matthew 11:29 for Justin. Justin told me afterwards that this scripture was very fitting for his life at that moment, because he was in search of the peace and rest that Christ offers everyone. Lord, when I struggle in life, please remind me that I need only to learn from You. Amen.

Faith Challenge: Learn from Christ and you will find rest.

Sr. Francelle's devotion: What is the purpose of a Christian in this world?

Counter-Culture News: LSN, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life.
* 180 Congressmen Urge No Abortion on Military Bases

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. Peters family (JP).
* Rich Reich (cousin Tom diagnosed with liver and colon cancer), Jamie Simpson (for husband Ivan's alcoholic treatment and salvation)

Feast Day of St. Bonaventure: "Bishop and doctor of the Church."

Faith Quote: "The purpose of Christianity is not to avoid difficulty, but to produce a character adequate to meet it when it comes. It does not make life easy; rather it tries to make us great enough for life." - James L. Christensen

Through Christ our Lord,
Rich
James 1:22

No comments: