Friday, August 12, 2011

Joshua 24:13 (Your House)

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Guest Authors schedule. LIFE Minute radio.

"I gave you a land which you had not tilled and cities which you had not built, to dwell in; you have eaten of vineyards and olive groves which you did not plant." ~ Joshua 24:13 (full readings)

Steve's Reflections: The other day I glanced above our stove in the kitchen to a picture that has been hanging in our home for years. It says, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." I was quickly reminded how easily I forget that all good things flow from God. My house, my job, even my family is not my own - I am but a steward for a short while. In today's reading, Joshua reminds God's people all that has been done for them. They were once prisoners in the land of Egypt, but God delivered them. A few short verses later Joshua challenges them to make a choice - either go back to the ways of their fathers or turn toward God. There is no duplicity, no division in God. He proclaims, "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord."

Faith Challenge: Is your house divided? Today, like Joshua, commit your house to the Lord.

Sr. Francelle's Devotion: God Answers Prayers

Counter-Culture News: LSN, LifeNews, Priests for Life, AFA, Vatican, Project Rachel. &gt

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now. >

Feast Day: St. Jane Frances de Chantal (d. 1641)

Faith Quote: "Once we have humbled ourselves for the faults God allows us to become aware of in ourselves, we must forget them and go forward." ~ St. Jane Frances de Chantal

Through Christ Our Lord,
Steve
Romans 12:2 .

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

Comments? To subscribe/unsubscribe to the emails, go to LIFE Group Devotions or LIFE Runners Updates.

No comments: