Thursday, September 1, 2011

Phil 4:6 (spell "Life") by Diane Overmann

Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Guest Authors schedule. LIFE Minute radio.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your request to God.” ~ Phil 4:6 (full readings)

Diane's Reflections: Every day, I attempt to live my faith. I know that the witness of my life can touch others. I know the truths God has placed in my heart. Yet, sometimes when I least expect it, God calls me and then places such an awareness of God’s love. I volunteer at a Children’s Hospital in an area for parents to come relax, eat a snack, use computers, watch TV, do laundry, etc. Recently, a lady came in to use the computer and told me (in a whisper) that she was in a difficult situation...and then asked me to spell “abortion clinic.” I reminded her that she was talking about a human being. She said she knew that, but she had not had a child in 15 years. I shared of a relative who had her only child at age 50, and how both are really enjoying each other. She told me she had been in an accident and didn't think she could raise the child. I reminded her that people are lined up to adopt babies. She said that she just wanted to know her options. She agreed to pray and to talk with her husband. I promised her that I would pray that she would listen to God and choose Life. I did not expect God to show me the love not only for this child, but for this mother. I could feel God embrace her through me. Let's pray that we can courageously help others spell "Life."
* Diane Overmann is the Faith Formation Director at St. Clare Catholic School in O’Fallon, IL. She also presents catechist classes for the Diocese of Belleville, IL.

Faith Challenge: Please take 5 minutes today to pray not just for the unborn, but for those mothers who are so afraid and anxious...help them spell "Life." Take a moment to reflect on not allowing fear to block yourself from knowing God’s embrace.

Counter-Culture News: LSN, LifeNews, Priests for Life, AFA, Vatican, Project Rachel

Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.

Feast Day: St. Giles.

Faith Quote: "God does not measure our generosity by how much we give, but by how much we have left." adapted from a saying of Archbishop Fulton Sheen

Through Christ our Lord,
Diane
John 21:15

* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.

No comments: